Thursday, April 20, 2006

Maryland Film Festival

These Girls' last stop on the North American film festival circuit will be Baltimore. It will be playing at The Maryland Film Festival (May 11-14). There is no confirmed exact time and date but there should be one soon - just check out the festival website if you are in the Baltimore area.

I've been to this festival before and it is a lot of fun so I will be there to introduce the film and drink any free beverages that might be on offer. The program this year looks to be pretty interesting and they run a series of films presented and introduced by prominent people - this year includes John Waters (one of Baltimore's more (in)famous exports), Matthew Modine and Branford Marsalis.

The last time I was there I received a wooden crab hammer in my gift bag and I have cherished it ever since. I can't wait to see what we get this year. There should be a blog just for festival swag - as I an writing this I am wearing a pair of shoes provided by a viral marketing company at The Toronto Film Festival. Although nothing beats a crab hammer - great when dealing with hard shelled sea food and also handy in a dark alley when your 'next project' starts falling apart. Bring it on Baltimore.

Or you can use your teeth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Devil said...

That is the Canadian version. Just to make it clear the only difference between the Canadian version and the US version is that in the US version their ages are different (older) so there are only audio differences. That being said the Canadian version is the original theatrical version. The box art will be different as well, I think.

3:56 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Maryland Film Festival is coming back May 1-4, 2008. Visit www.baltimore.org for more info.

11:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home