Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Philadelphia Film Festival Wrap-up

These Girls went over big time in Philly - big audiences, big laughs. The highlight of the festival, for me, was meeting David Boreanaz' mother Patti and his father Dave Roberts (pictured). I didn't know this, but Dave is quite a famous broadcaster and has done a bit of acting as well - the acorn apparently doesn't fall far from the oak. From what I understand Dave has been a broadcaster for a long time but he almost looks younger than his son David - which I know is impossible. I can only conclude that if David stays out of that blazing California sun he will age exceptionally well. David's parents seem like very nice people so you can see where David got his good manners (his mother asked me if he had behaved himself on set and I assured her that he did).
As well,
they really know how to take care of their guests at The Philadelphia Film Festival - hats off to Guest Services. The Consulate General of Canada in Philly even had a little get together in the name of all things Canadian at the festival. A fun time was had by all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Red Devil said...

The only difference between the original Canadian version and the US DVD version is that the girls are now older in the US version. So in the US version there are four places where the audio has been changed to reflect the new ages. I will put up a post about it soon but the difference in the two versions is only in the audio and not in the picture.

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger Red Devil said...

I just found out that May 16th was David's birthday. I want to start a 'buy yourself the These Girls DVD for David's birthday' campaign.

10:41 a.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

So tell me, where should I order to ensure that I get the (original?) Canadian version. I'm in the UK but happy to buy online.

Cheers


Jo

3:25 p.m.  
Blogger Red Devil said...

thanks for the compliments - I'm glad you liked the movie and took the time to let me know. After all that's why I make movies.

In response to jo's question, I will soon be putting up some links as to where it is best to buy the DVD.

11:34 a.m.  
Blogger queen of the slipstream said...

I'm really pleased to read the Philly fest was a succes and you had the chance to meet DB's parents. (I pers. think his Dad is a hottie too *G*)

I sincerly hope the movie will come to Europe, eventho I will be buying the DVD, wants to see it your names, that movie title on a big board here !

9:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home